How much water you drink can make a huge difference in how you feel, how you look, your energy levels, and drinking enough water can even help you achieve your weight loss goals.
The average person requires about 2-3 litres of water per day (about 8-12 cups).
There are many of benefits to being properly hydrated. Here are just a few:
• Maintains blood pressure level
• Sweeps away toxins (beneficial for weight loss)
• Reduces pain
• Improves digestion
• Increases energy
• Facilitates building and maintaining lean muscle, which speeds up metabolism
Often we get lazy or bored when it comes to making sure we’re drinking enough through the day. Here are some quick tips on how to make sure you stay hydrated all day:
– Carry a water bottle with you; make it easy and convenient to drink any time.
– Try drinking herbal teas. There are many yummy flavours to choose from, and they are great hot and cold.
– Sip on soups and broths. Broths are rich in minerals and add warmth as the colder weather approaches.
– Add some bubbles by making your own carbonated water with a home sparkling water machine like SodaStream.
It’s health-giving, refreshing, energizing, and readily available – enjoy a glass of water now!
Carolyn Rostenne is a Registered Holistic Nutritionist and owner of Freedom Wellness. Carolyn has successfully helped her clients lose weight, reduce blood sugar, blood pressure, migraines, GERD, acne, stress/anxiety, while improving sleep, energy, and wellbeing – all through diet and lifestyle changes. Contact Carolyn for a free 15-minute phone consult: email@example.com, 416.271.3136, freedomwellness.ca