Nothing quite smells like cinnamon and apples baking in the oven on a cold morning. This morning I was so thrilled to welcome my new group of Freedom Weight Loss ladies, and I served these yummy breakfast biscuits.
DUE TO POPULAR DEMAND FREEDOM WELLNESS IS NOW SELLING THESE BREAKFAST ROUNDS!
$30 per dozen.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to place your order.
Online order form coming soon.
Yeilds ~ 18 rounds
4 ripe bananas
1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
1 tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp allspice
1/2 tsp salt
2 apples, diced = approximately 2 cups of diced apples
1/4 cup ground flax seeds
1 tsp natural vanilla extract
4 cups of whole rolled oats
1/2 cup finely chopped dates*
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas really well.
- Mix with the rest of ingredients so that all dry ingredients are well-coated with the banana mash and apple sauce.
- Using your hands shape cookies into biscuits, about a 3″ diameter
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Bake for 30 minutes, then gently flip over and bake for another 30 minutes or until cookies feel firm and slightly crispy.
- For a crispier biscuit, leave them in the oven for another 15-30 minutes. The oven has already been turned off, but it is still warm. The biscuits will firm up and crisp up.
Store these in zip-look container/bag in the freezer and re-heat before serving.
2 biscuits is a serving for breakfast, which is just shy of 1/2 cup oats per serving
* The No Name brand (No Frills, Superstore) sells bags of chopped dates to make this step easier. They can be found in the baking aisle.