A hearty, delicious, and highly nutritious way to enjoy brown basmati rice.
2 cups brown basmati rice
2 1/4 cups water*
1 large onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 stalks of celery, diced
3 carrots, diced
1 bag 16oz frozen chopped kale
1 tsp turmeric
1 tsp salt
1 cup cooked chick peas (optional – to turn this into a meal)
- Using the sauté setting on your InstantPot, water sauté onions until they begin wilt – about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and celery, and sauté until the onions begin to brown – about 7 more minutes.
- Add the carrots, and kale, and stir well, sautéing another 5 minutes.
- Add water, rice, turmeric, and salt.
- Set Instant Pot to 22 minutes on manual
- Once cooking is complete, let Instant Pot self-release pressure before serving
This is yummy with Smokey Crockpot Black Beans and oven roasted veggies.