A super easy, versatile, side dish to any meal.
1 vidalia onion, diced
water for water sautéeing
2 cups brown basmati rice, uncooked
2 carrots, diced
2 celery stalks, diced
5 collard greens leaves, chopped small or 1/2 bag of frozen chopped kale
1/2 tsp turmeric
2 tsp Herbamare, or iodized Himalayan salt
2 tsp garlic powder
3 cups water
- Using the sauté setting, water sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add other vegetables and continue to sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Add rice, water and spices, mix, and close Instant Pot.
- Cancel sauté setting and set to Manual for 22 minutes.
- Once cooking complete, allow the pressure to release naturally.
Serve with a big bowl of steamed veggies, and Curried Sweet Potato Chickpea Patties.