Who doesn’t love potatoes? These oil free potato stacks are easy to make and delicious. “But Carolyn aren’t potatoes to be avoided if I want to lose weight”. As I’ve said before, potatoes are not the problem it’s what we do to them that’s a problem! These potatoes AREN’T doused in oil, and they’re not covered in cheese. Potatoes can part of a well rounded whole food approach to eating that promotes weight loss.
2 large sweet potatoes, washed and cut into 3/4” slices
3 large Yukon gold potatoes, washed and cut into 3/4” slices
3 large red-skinned potatoes, washed and cut into 3/4” slices
1 tbsp paprika
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tbsp onion powder
1 cup water
salt and pepper, to taste
~ 6 green onions, diced
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Toss all ingredients except for green onions together very well.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper. Place the potatoes in a single layer on the cookie sheets.
- Bake for 60 minutes, switching the position of the sheets half way through cooking, so the bottom sheet is moved to the top and the top sheet is moved to the bottom.
- Once cooked, stack the potatoes into piles of 3. Each stack has one slice of Yukon Gold potato, one slice of red potato, and one slice of sweet potato.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
This recipe is adapted from a recipe by Susie Fishbein’s “Kosher By Design”.